Who We Are:
We believe life is made up of moments: playing bocce with friends, going for a dip on a hot summer day, and saluting the sun just because it’s up. Somewhere along the way, someone told us that those moments are for Saturdays, not Mondays. That we should work fifty weeks each year just to save up for two weeks of happiness. At the Bay Club, we believe these moments are for every day—because we believe in living life happy. And that means focusing on what really matters like family, good health, and finding the time to have fun.
What We Do:
Founded in 1977, the Bay Club enjoyed many industry firsts, eventually moving beyond strictly fitness to forge a unique niche in the hospitality realm by incorporating resort level programs and services into our clubs—and by grouping complementary properties into amenity-rich campuses. Bolstered by a pioneering spirit, a forward-thinking company culture, and a belief in helping members to live life happy, the Bay Club has created a modernized country club experience through innovations such as the 77 Social Club and Connect Workplace Suites, along with thoughtful amenities, including an in-club Starbucks café and outdoor lounges with shuffleboard courts and fire pits.
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
About the Position
The Tennis Department is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Tennis Professional who is passionate about creating personable experiences and life-long memories.
- Promote and teach: tennis clinics, private lessons, and adult/junior/senior programs as assigned by the Director of Tennis
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining daily teaching schedule, including but not limited to, private lessons and group lessons
- Responsible for achieving personal revenue goals
- Provide new member tennis orientations and evaluations, along with an introduction to the facility and its programming
- Notify and encourage members to participate in the Club’s tennis events
- Attend Tennis Department staff meetings and General Staff Meeting or Associate Orientations as directed by Club Management
- Schedule permitting, be available for posted Tennis Clinics or other job functions throughout the Club in emergency situations.
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- Be on time for all scheduled appointments
- Maintain accurate, current records on all client exercise programs and progress
- Keep track of each client’s sessions and fee payments
- Enforce all tennis department and club policies
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the tennis area. Maintain your teaching court in a professional manner. Ensure the environment is safe for all those who use the facility.
- Accurately record each day worked, the actual time worked and client sessions in the appropriate tracking system
- Active participation in meetings and training programs.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Written Comprehension and Expression — Ability to read, understand and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC and regulatory agencies. Ability to develop tracking and report forms in Word and Excel as needed.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude and abilities.
- Current Tennis Professional certification from either United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) or United Stated Professional Tennis Registry (USPTR) required
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience. (This includes college and/or elite professional competition and exposure.)
- Current CPR/AED certification
Hours: Will vary, must be able to work weekends
- The location of the position changes frequently from indoors to outdoors
- Work performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires public contact.
- This position deals with outside personnel such as clients on a regular basis with contact in various forms such as in person, phone and email.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, climb or balance, and stretch.
- Must occasionally walk around the facility
- Must occasionally talk and hear
- This Associate should be able to regularly play a competitive tennis match or practice hitting/playing sessions.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability on the application form here
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bay Club Company (“TBCC”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, marital or family status, medical condition, AIDS or AIDS related condition, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.