Who We Are:
We believe life is made up of moments: playing bocce with friends, going for a dip on a hot summer day, and saluting the sun just because it’s up. Somewhere along the way, someone told us that those moments are for Saturdays, not Mondays. That we should work fifty weeks each year just to save up for two weeks of happiness. At the Bay Club, we believe these moments are for every day—because we believe in living life happy. And that means focusing on what really matters like family, good health, and finding the time to have fun.
What We Do:
Founded in 1977, the Bay Club enjoyed many industry firsts, eventually moving beyond strictly fitness to forge a unique niche in the hospitality realm by incorporating resort level programs and services into our clubs—and by grouping complementary properties into amenity-rich campuses. Bolstered by a pioneering spirit, a forward-thinking company culture, and a belief in helping members to live life happy, the Bay Club has created a modernized country club experience through innovations such as the 77 Social Club and Connect Workplace Suites, along with thoughtful amenities, including an in-club Starbucks café and outdoor lounges with shuffleboard courts and fire pits.
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
About the Position
The Sanctuary Spa at Bay Club Marin is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Spa Operations Manager who is passionate about creating personable experiences and life-long memories.
- Manage spa desk to ensure smooth and efficient operation through visible management presence and leadership; deliver exceptional experience to all
- Demonstrate initiative and make decisions in the best interest of our business; proactively work to increase revenues and booking potentials by increasing room utilization and shift coverage to maximize revenues per room
- Role model and responsibility for demonstrating leadership and ownership on a daily basis, which results in exemplifying the performance, efficiency, expectations and standards of spa
- Complete daily drawer reports and synchronize Millennium with CM+ accurately and timely
- Create and maintain schedule for reception staff a minimum of 2 months in advance and organize time off requests and breaks as necessary to the efficient operation of the business
- Resolve member billing issues and gift card inquires and purchases accurately and timely
- Train staff on all aspects of spa desk operations
- Manage spa inventory
- Ensure spa safety and security through continuous monitoring of member and guest check in.
- Daily walk-through of the spa to ensure a clean, organized, safe, and well maintained facility, paying special attention to cleanliness, service delivery, and member interaction
- Recruit, hire and train department staff; provide coaching and development; provide timely performance evaluations; build relationships
- Full-time schedule varies and requires weekend and holiday hours, evening and day shifts
- Minimum two (2) years previous supervisory experience in customer service
- Training experience including the evaluation of needs, development and implementation of systems, and continuous evaluation and improvement
- Strong interpersonal and management skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service attitude and abilities; professional, friendly manner
- Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated, takes initiative; willingness to acquire new skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Proficient with a PC/Windows environment
- This position deals with outside personnel such as members and clients on a regular basis with contact in various forms such as in person, phone and email.
- The location of the position changes frequently from indoors to outdoors as site visits are necessary. However, extreme environmental conditions do not exist.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- Sitting and standing is as needed.
- It is necessary for the position to travel independently to property locations on a regular basis.
- Lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability on the application form here
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bay Club Company (“TBCC”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, marital or family status, medical condition, AIDS or AIDS related condition, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.