Who We Are:
The Bay Club is a hospitality company, providing experiences that celebrate an active and vibrant lifestyle. We offer our members the finest fitness and leisure facilities, programming for the whole family, engaging social events and dining experiences, luxurious spa amenities, and convenient business lounges, as well as unprecedented travel and resort opportunities. Simply put, we are unique.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity - We do what we say we will do with integrity, professionalism and a passion for service.
- Service - We understand exceptional service is everyone's job and hold ourselves accountable to high standards.
- Innovation - We believe in each other by supporting innovation, initiative, and personal growth.
- Community - We reach out to others by actively participating in improving the quality of life in our communities.
- Growth - We are all responsible for the continued success and growth of our company and our careers.
What We Do:
Founded in 1977, the Bay Club enjoyed many industry firsts, eventually moving beyond strictly fitness to forge a unique niche in the hospitality realm by incorporating resort level programs and services into our clubs—and by grouping complementary properties into amenity-rich campuses. Bolstered by a pioneering spirit, a forward-thinking company culture, and a belief in helping members to live life happy, the Bay Club has created a modernized country club experience through innovations such as the 77 Social Club and Connect Workplace Suites, along with thoughtful amenities, including an in-club Starbucks café and outdoor lounges with shuffleboard courts and fire pits.
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of most Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products
About the Position
The Member Services Team at the Bay Club Company is currently seeking motivated and ambitious professionals who are passionate about creating personable experiences and life-long memories. We are currently hiring individuals that process great customer service and listening skills, a willingness to take initiative, help problem solve and follow through. In return, you will have career growth opportunities, flexibility of scheduling, and be part of a team that delivers only the best.
- Provide members with excellent account service by telephone, e-Mail and online requests
- Guide members toward and assist members with our on-line services
- Find new solutions for our members by forwarding leads to our sales and operations teams
- Solve issues straightaway, as well as serve as a guide if a member's issue requires assistance from a back-office department.
- Utilize a wide range of systems to provide and enhance member service
- Process membership changes, including master file changes, in club management software and apply appropriate changes/credits, and communicate resolution to members
- Research, resolve and communicate status of resolution regarding membership billing inquiries
- Process and send membership resignation confirmations
- Review and mail 45-day notices
- Produce delinquent accounts list and perform collection calls on 30-day accounts
- Produce and send 60-day account letters and perform collection calls
- Delinquently terminate 60-day and older membership accounts
- Filing, record keeping maintenance
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with senior management, managers, other Associates, members, and guests.
- Promote harmonious relations among members, staff, and the community at-large.
- Communicate timely and follow up, as appropriate.
- Active participation in required events, required programs, required meetings and required trainings.
- Represent the club in a professional manner through communication, and immediate follow through and response
- 1+ year of customer experience and/or Call Center experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting basic smart phone and web browser issues.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.